INVESTMENT plans for a listed-building renovation at one of Tunbridge Wells’ oldest country estates will be open to the public in a presentation next week.
Under recently submitted plans, Runcie Court, the elaborate late-Victorian stables and coach house at Salomons Estate in Broomhill Road, will be re-purposed from commercial use to accommodation, public meeting spaces and café.
The conversion is designed to improve Runcie Court’s financial sustainability as well as restoring and preserving period features, such as decorative tiles, joinery, and ephemera relating to the stables, which David Lionel Salomon built in 1884.
On October 20, plans will be presented by project architect Gaby Higgs, who specialises in the restoration and conversion of Georgian houses, including sensitive retrofitting for environmental performance and sustainability.
After Ms Higgs’ presentation, she will answer questions regarding the planning…